Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a boy!!!

Just a short note to everyone to let you know that baby Parker will be a BOY!! I'm so excited, and so is Liv. The only thing we can't agree on is a name. It seems like we've put every name we could think of on through the grinder, and we just can't settle on one. It seems that she likes the names I don't like, and I like the names that she doesn't. We were able to easily agree on a girl name, but alas, it was a boy, if for no other reason, then to make us have to pick out a name for him.
We are excited though, name or not. I'm thrilled that I'll have a little guy around. Everywhere I go I see fathers with their little boys and it makes me so excited to get the chance to raise a boy myself! I don't want him to grow up fast, but at the same time, I look forward to teaching him things and showing him things. Simple things, like camping, and fishing...I just hope I am a good dad and I'm sure with the Lord's help, I will be. I think about what a great dad my father was, and I wonder sometimes if I'll be able to be that kind of dad to my son. Sometimes, I feel inadequate, as there are so many things I don't know that I feel like my dad knew at my age. I guess though, with time, I will learn those things, and be able to pass the knowledge along to my son much like my dad has passed knowledge on to me. I look forward to the challenge!
I'm sure Olivia will make a wonderfull mommy. She is one of the funnest people to be around, and I can only imagine how much fun it will be to her to have a little one to play with and take care of.
We are both looking forward to the wonderful day that the little guy arrives! Due date is September 30th, so it's coming fast... It seems like there is so much to do between now and then...shopping for baby furnature, painting, all sorts of things. It'll all be worth it though when my little man arrives!
In the meantime, we need name suggestions!! We like a couple of names, but aren't settles on them yet. I think one name we like specifically is Alexander. It will work as a first or middle name, but we need something to go with it!! Let us know what you think and what suggestions you might have!! You never know...you may just help in naming our little guy!
Thats about all for now. Just keep us in your prayers...Olivia especially since she is the one doing all the "leg work" (or should I say "belly work") on this. We'll keep everyone posted! Thanks for your thoughts and God bless!

No comments: